FARE PLAY

Posted by: Kay

FARE PLAY - 10/25/99 06:49 PM

Just finished this one....actually bought it NEW at Borders in Philadelphia. Usually my source, by default, is the public library, which has a much better selection of Barbara Paul (and a lot of other writers I like) than the friendly neighborhood book store.

Anyhow, just an interesting comment:

I can understand why Kelly Ingram keeps Marian around as best friend...gorgeous gals often have BFs who are plain janes. The fact that Marian sticks by Kelly says that she is VERY secure!

And, incidentally, some years ago, Liz served as "best man" for a friend. I seem to remember we had a time picking out a dress for that one, just as Marian did. Happily it was a much smaller wedding and she was already well acquainted with the bride's parents anyway.
Posted by: Barbara

Re: FARE PLAY - 10/25/99 09:22 PM

Ha! Did she have to do all the best-man stuff of arranging transportation, paying the minister, etc.? Liz, are you reading this?
Posted by: Kay

Re: FARE PLAY - 10/26/99 08:39 PM

Not sure if Liz has picked up on this....she went straight from the ship to a meeting in Maryland.

As I recall, there wasn't much arranging to do...it was a small home wedding and essentially she just "stood up" with Johnny.