Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#1221 - 07/01/02 04:25 PM Re: movie???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
The one actor on the list I don't know is 35-year old Steven Macintosh. He's done TV mostly, only a few movies. The only photo I could find showed a brooding, handsome man who was certainly projecting the right attitude for Holland. But you can't tell what kind of actor a man is from looking at his picture.
I've mostly seen him on TV, He was a quietish John Rokesmith/Harmon in the last BBC adaptation of Our Mutual Friend (with David Morrissey very effective as the frustrated Bradley headstone). Mackintosh also made a convincing transsexual in the film Different for Girls, but has certainly played harder roles of one sort and another.

Here's a site with a picture gallery: http://lavender.fortunecity.com/fullmonty/482/stevenm.htm

Also, there's the League of Obscure British Actors site, with all sorts of other possibilities, e.g. Ioan (Hornblower) Gruffudd, and another actor I'd forgotten about - Jack Davenport from a very enjoyable TV series about young lawyers called This Life.

http://www.ar.com.au/~jriddler/ba/league.html

(Some of those actors are really not very obscure ... Sean Connery, for example).

#1222 - 07/02/02 08:48 PM Re: movie???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna:
Oh. ChrisW is a man. I made an assumption I shouldn't have -- sorry, Chris.
You did me a favor, Lorna; you helped me make up my mind. This is the second time this has happened within a week, and it happened a few times before that as well. "Chris" is just too androgynous an ID, so I'm going to change it. I need to re-register here, right? But the next time you see me, I'll be Christopher. (Nobody calls me Christopher.)

#1223 - 07/02/02 09:39 PM Re: movie???
Kay Offline

Loc: Roanoke, VA , USA
Nobody calls me Kathryn, either, Chris and I have known at least one man named "Kay" and one GIRL named "Christopher" and a girl named Kathryn and a guy named Christopher who were both called "Kit."

In fact, I knew a couple named Kit and King....Kit was the "he" and King was the "she."

But you can try

#1224 - 07/02/02 10:01 PM Re: movie???
Christopher Offline

I am reborn.

#1225 - 07/03/02 06:33 AM Re: movie???
Lorna Offline

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
Ha. We should have a christening party.

#1226 - 07/03/02 03:16 PM Re: movie???
Kay Offline

#1227 - 07/03/02 03:47 PM Re: movie???
Christopher Offline

Just what I need! Thank you, Kay.

#1228 - 07/03/02 04:31 PM Re: movie???
Jon Offline

Loc: Newark, Delaware, USA
Of course there are a couple of well-known actresses named Christopher, but one can only do so much. I think it's fair to say that our default assumption about a Christopher is male.

One of my sisters-in-law is named Kristi (that's her full given name, her father came from Norway), sometimes called Kris. She married my brother Rick, and their first son is Erik. When they had a second, they wanted to call him Kristopher (keeping up the K theme, and also honoring the Norwegian spelling which they like), but hesitated because people might call him Chris, the same as his mother, and he'd probably hate that. But thenthey decided he'd be called Kit for short, which we all like, so that was OK and Kristopher he is.

Except now, at the age of 7, he's declared that he hates "Kit" and demands to be called by his middle name (same as mine), Alan. He's stuck with it for over a year, so I guess he means it.

#1229 - 07/03/02 04:44 PM Re: movie???
Scribbler Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA USA
I know one Christopher who dislikes being called "Chris" as well. His solution is to be called "Topher".

#1230 - 07/04/02 09:46 PM Re: movie???
Kay Offline

Topher? Rhymes with Gopher?

Oh, dear.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Barbara