Topic Options
#1400 - 03/20/05 12:41 PM Hi! New to Site.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Barbara,
I was delighted to find this site since I have been a reader of your work for sometime. Like Jon, I have a special fondness for The Fourth Wall and reread it at least once a year.
I find it both intiguing and disturbing. I love books that leave you a bit uncomfortable in the end and Fourth Wall did that to me.
It was a little like watching a Hitchcock film. You made us identify not only with the theater company, but in a small way, with their tormentor as well. As appalling as his actions were, I found myself waiting for the next atrocity to happen. (Like watching a train-wreck or something.) Then when the ultimate horrors occured I was shaken back to reality and was shocked at the horrified fascination that had gripped me for awhile By the end, I supported the actions of the group when they choose to retaliate and a part of me was disturbed at how easy it was to slip into the revenge mode, not so very far removed from their tormentor's mindset.
I have read several Marian Larch novels as well and am trying to track down more of your books at local mystery bookstores. Once I find an author I like, I love getting all of thier work under my belt.
Thanks for many cozy nights, sipping wine by the fire and reading a good book.

#1401 - 03/23/05 08:42 PM Re: Hi! New to Site.
Kay Offline

Loc: Roanoke, VA , USA
Hi, bethoc:

Glad to see you've jumped in to several areas like Movie Ping Pong and the wine discussion.

Come play the second half of Musical Jeopardy, which will probably start sometime after Easter...we're going to be wrapping the first half next week end or soon after.

#1402 - 03/25/05 05:54 PM Re: Hi! New to Site.
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
Thank you for the kind words, bethoc. You have added considerably to my feel-good week. (I am currently enjoying the false euphoria that comes with the completion of one's income tax report.)

Moderator:  Barbara