Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1407 - 05/17/06 03:24 PM New reprints
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
Maggie Topkis, owner of the Partners & Crime bookstore in New York, has started a new publishing venture she's calling Felony and Mayhem. F&M will be printing trade paperback editions of previously published mystery novels that have gone out of print. This is a small-scale venture right now, but the benefit to writers is terrific -- seeing one's older books back in print again.

Two of mine Maggie is reprinting are The Fourth Wall and Your Eyelids Are Growing Heavy. The former will be available in July; I don't have a pub date for Eyelids yet.

I'm especially glad about The Fourth Wall. That was my first mystery novel and I still have a soft spot for it.

#1408 - 05/17/06 04:05 PM Re: New reprints
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great news, Barbara. Might the opera mysteries be on the agenda eventually?

#1409 - 05/17/06 04:24 PM Re: New reprints
Kay Offline

Loc: Roanoke, VA , USA
Wonderful!

#1410 - 05/18/06 08:24 PM Re: New reprints
Rita Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN
They -- or I guess I should say she -- chose two completely different kinds of mysteries. The body count in one is on the high side, while the other doesn't have a murder at all. I'm sure that was deliberate, like pairing Kill Fee with He Was Already Dead When I Got There. Tragedy and comedy.

#1411 - 05/19/06 01:59 PM Re: New reprints
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Eyelids is my "lightest" book -- written quickly, containing no seemingly insurmountable menace, no blood spilled. Not really a comic novel, though; I'd have thought Already Dead would fit that label better. But Maggie Topkis is paying for it, so she gets her choice.

Andrew -- no, alas, nothing is in the works for the opera mysteries. Didn't you once post that you'd never seen those?

#1412 - 05/19/06 03:23 PM Re: New reprints
Scribbler Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA USA
This is good news! Interestingly enough, after recently reading my way (re-reading, actually, except for 2) through all the Mrs. Pollifax books, I was idly thinking and bemoaning that I only have copies of a couple of your books. I wondered if I'd be able to find copies anywhere. (I read all the others in library copies.)

I need to double check which titles I acutally have, though. Heh.

#1413 - 07/01/06 10:51 AM Re: New reprints
Julia Offline

Loc: Silicon Valley
Excellent. :-) (A bit late with the congratulations, I'm afraid --I havn't even glanced at the board for a couple of months, because I've been fighting with a new laptop and the current book.)

I'm pleased to see that The Fourth Wall is amongst the first releases. That's one of my favourite mysteries, but it's a bit awkward pushing it at people when it's out of print.

#1414 - 07/01/06 05:15 PM Re: New reprints
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Hi, Julia. Yes, it's a little hard to push a book that's no longer available, dernit. People used to ask me where they could find my books and I'd say, wonderingly, "In a bookstore." (A friend of mine always answers that question with "At the laundromat.") But OP books can be pretty elusive.

#1415 - 12/10/06 07:54 PM Re: New reprints
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Just in time for Christmas!

Unfortunately, the Felony & Mayhem website is undergoing a facelift and doesn't have much info yet.

www.felonyandmayhem.com

#1416 - 12/11/06 09:05 AM Re: New reprints
Lorna Offline

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
There's a phone number there, and an e-address, but no prices. I called earlier today, but they weren't open yet. I never had the hardback copy, and my Popular Library paperback fell apart long ago, so I'm happy to see this new edition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barbara