Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 >
Topic Options
#2358 - 01/22/10 06:54 PM Re: SFTV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ha, Rita.

I'm looking forward to Caprica myself. Since we know what's coming next, there can't be any copout this time.

#2359 - 01/23/10 09:51 AM Re: SFTV
Christopher Offline

I don't know about Caprica...I think it's going to require more suspension of disbelief than I'll be able to muster. A 16-year old girl with no obvious discipline is able to do breakthrough work in VR when she's not busy as a religious/political activist. Why would anyone want Zoe back anyway? She's such a brat. And the Taurons are Caprica's Mafia? Oh, please. No mention in BSG that Adama was Tauron, but now we learn he's a descendant of criminals. It's a lot to swallow.

#2360 - 01/23/10 05:49 PM Re: SFTV
Lorna Offline

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
The personal relations are clichéd as well. The awful insensitive parents who won't listen to their wonderful sensitive child. It seems to me all they did do was listen to Zoe. Since all the emphasis so far has been on Zoe, maybe the next episode will tell us something about the other lost daughter, Tamara (Joe says TAMara, son Will says TaMAra). And oh yes, Joe is another neglectful father. The final scene was the one really good moment, when Zoe wakes up and looks down on the metal Cylon body she's now wearing.

#2361 - 01/23/10 06:43 PM Re: SFTV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Son Will Adams grows up to be Bill Adama, commander of the Galactica. Did you recognize the chancellor who was murdered by the Tauron hit man? It was the cigarette-smoking man from The X-Files. He played an Ori prior in a late SG-1 episode.

I neither liked nor disliked the pilot episode. I'm playing "Wait and see." Only one thing has me really puzzled. Why are they worshipping Roman gods??

#2362 - 01/25/10 02:27 AM Re: SFTV
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
Ah, but didn't you love that tennis court? It must drive Hawkeye nuts.

I remember I wasn't too impressed with the 2-hour pilot of BSG -- this army of characters saying all these enigmatic things to one another. Then I watched it again at the end of the second season, and now it all made perfect sense! Kind of exciting, in fact. But the Caprica opening doesn't work that way; it's just straightforward story-telling. And the story it's telling is making me go Uh-huh just too many times for me believe it's going to develop into something great. But I'll play Austin's wait-and-see game, even though I can't stand Zoe either.

There was one face I was glad to see there, a Canadian actor named Brian Markinson; he plays Agent Duram. He had a recurring role in Da Vinci's Inquest and Da Vinci's City Hall; I first saw him in an episode of SG-1. Markinson is one of those good actors doomed forever to play supporting roles; I think he's capable of so much more.

#2363 - 01/25/10 01:27 PM Re: SFTV
Rita Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN

This guy? Which SG-1 episode?

#2364 - 01/25/10 03:22 PM Re: SFTV
Barbara Offline
Administrator

"Scorched Earth"

Scroll down to the "Production" section; one of the writers credits Markinson for making the episode work.

#2365 - 03/06/10 10:26 AM Re: SFTV
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Is anyone having a problem with Caprica? Earlier this week I played the recording I'd made of one episode, and I was 15 or 20 minutes into it before I realized I'd already seen it. That's how engaging I'd found it. Then last night I forgot to watch. Forgot to set the DVR. I forgot the show. I just can't get attuned to this one.

#2366 - 03/06/10 03:26 PM Re: SFTV
David Dvorkin Online

Loc: Denver, Colorado, USA
I'm hooked on Caprica. I spend the hour living in that world, and I'm sorry when it ends.

#2367 - 03/08/10 11:22 AM Re: SFTV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't forgotten to watch, yet, but I don't look forward to the show. I want to, but I don't.

Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 >

Moderator:  Rita