Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#5943 - 10/20/12 05:11 AM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Lorna]
Andrew Offline

Loc: York, England
Well, here are the ones I recognise: Ashton Kutcher, Hugh Laurie, Alec Baldwin, Johnny Galecki; Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria, Tina Fey, Felicity Huffman, Teri Hatcher, Courteney Cox. And I don't watch much TV.

#5944 - 10/20/12 10:15 AM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Lorna]
Pete Offline

Loc: Newport News, Virginia, USA
The highest-paid women are paid for being famous, I think. Tina Fey, however, is about as talented as one can get, and deserves every dollar she makes from 30 Rock. I remember Cuoco from Charmed reruns (she was a regular in the last season), and, of course, her current long-run comedy show. Alyson Hannigan was on Buffy and is in another long-running comedy show. Juliana Margulies was regular for years in ER, and has one of the best current shows, The Good Wife. Kyria Sedgwick may not stay in the list, as she shut down The Closer.

Edited by Pete (10/20/12 10:17 AM)

#5945 - 10/20/12 01:11 PM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Lorna]
Austin
Unregistered

Alyson Hannigan in Buffy quickly developed a cult following, although I could never see why. Willow and Spike both went from supporting characters to co-stars, but it's still hard to believe she's a bigger earner than Sedgwick and Margulies.

#5947 - 10/20/12 08:48 PM Re: Television 2012 [Re: ]
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
I never understood the fascination with Willow either. She was given a lot of funny lines, but the character and the actor were just too coy for my tastes. But Hannigan's the only one of the Buffy cast to make it Big Time. Spike was my favorite character, but James Marsters's career pretty much tanked once the series ended. He's made a comeback of sorts, in a number of guest shots on TV series and the lead in an unreleased fantasy movie called Dragon Warrior. Sarah Michelle Geller's last short-lived series proved she still hasn't learned how to act. Emma Caulfield was wonderful as Anya, but she too went the guest-star route like everybody else. She has roles in two movies now in post-production; maybe one of them will be her breakthrough. I also liked Giles, except when he was singing. For Anthony Head, there has been life after Buffy; but even though he's had little idle time, he's not broken through to the stellar reaches yet. Example: he auditioned to play Doctor Who but didn't get the role.

But none of these people have earned anything like the $7 million Alyson Hannigan collected last year. Like her or not, she is the Buffy alum who has emerged as The Star.

#5948 - 10/21/12 09:47 AM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Lorna]
Pete Offline

It appears that long running shows eventually can run stars' salaries up. Neither Cuoco nor Hannigan carry their shows, however, and I am somewhat amazed at the amounts they make. Marg Helgenbereger spent years on CSI, although she has now left it. I don't understand Ashton Kutcher, however.

Edited by Pete (10/21/12 09:52 AM)

#5949 - 10/21/12 02:20 PM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Pete]
Austin
Unregistered

Yeah, Kutcher makes no sense. You'd think they wouldn't have to pay anyone that much to replace Charlie Sheen.

Pete, have you watched How I Met Your Mother? I haven't. You say Hannigan doesn't carry her show, but no one else in the cast made the Forbes list. Is it just her cult following that makes her the highest paid member of the show?

#5953 - 10/22/12 10:37 AM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Lorna]
Pete Offline

I don't watch How I Met Your Mother that regularly. I don't really understand Hannigan's income, I fear. Obviously, there's something there of which I am not aware. The same is true of The Big Bang Theory and Cuoco. I would have figured Jim Parsons carried that show.

#6022 - 11/03/12 01:45 AM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Pete]
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
This week I watched How I Met Your Mother for the first time, and Alyson Hannigan was barely there. She was just part of the background the leads played against, and she had only five or six lines -- one of which was "Oh!" For this she's paid $7 million? Nice work if you can get it.

#6032 - 11/04/12 12:45 PM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Barbara]
Rita Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN
That's her total earnings, though, not just her salary for that one show. She's been in a couple of movies recently, and maybe she's into other things as well. Did you know she was in three episodes of Veronica Mars? I don't remember her in that at all.

#6081 - 11/11/12 06:52 PM Re: Television 2012 [Re: Rita]
Rita Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN
Is Sharon Gless leaving Burn Notice? That 2-hour episode surely did look like a farewell, especially with her last advice to Michael to make a fresh start. And the torching of Michael and Fiona's loft...that was a farewell too.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Rita