Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17 >
Topic Options
#6905 - 04/22/13 04:41 PM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Christopher]
Rita Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN
If Jeff ever brings Phillip back again, I'm going to write him a really nasty letter.

Did you know there's a French version of Survivor? It's called Koh-Lanta, but the entire 16th season was canceled when a contestant died of cardiac arrest following a strenuous challenge. Then a week later the doctor who attended him committed suicide.

Koh-Lanta

#6927 - 04/28/13 07:27 PM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Rita]
Andrew Offline

Loc: York, England
BBC4 has been showing yet another Scandinavian thriller series. I've so far seen four 90-minute shows based on two novels by Arne Dahl, whose real name seems to be Jan Arnald. Compared with Borgen, The Killing and The Bridge, it's not terribly good.

An elite team of miscellaneous people with different skills have been gathered together to solve (so far) two serious crimes - the second is about ... The Kentucky Killer! Unfortunately, things move either very slowly or very fast, and there is some unnecessary comedy humour plus some nasty modus operandi stuff by the villains (pliers, sort-of-crucifixion, etc.) Also, I find the white-upon-white subtitles quite difficult to read, which wasn't a problem with the previous series. Oh well, can't win 'em all!

#6930 - 04/29/13 07:14 PM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Andrew]
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
The Kentucky Killer! Oh my. A name chosen for its alliteration, no doubt. Much more forceful than the Minnesota Murderer or the Alabama Assassin.

#6945 - 05/04/13 07:33 PM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Barbara]
Rita Offline

I just got around to watching the Good Wife season finale...and POW! I never expected Alicia to leave Lockhart/Gardner, once she made partner. Of course, the firm has been problem-ridden from the beginning and not always ethical, but the real reason she's leaving is to remove herself from temptation. Poor Will. It's a smart move on Alicia's part.

#6947 - 05/05/13 01:35 AM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Rita]
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
Moi, I'm not so sure about that. I'd trust Cary about as far as I could throw him. And what about that $250,000 buy-in that Alicia paid for her Lockhart-Gardner partnership? She doesn't have that kind of money to throw away.

#6952 - 05/06/13 11:46 AM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Barbara]
Christopher Offline

Her move will benefit Peter in one way. It will defuse any charges of semi-nepotism that are bound to arise if the new judge he appoints is his wife's law partner. But that wasn't a consideration in making her choice. She's just running away from a situation she can't handle.

#6956 - 05/07/13 11:42 AM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Rita]
Pete Offline

Loc: Newport News, Virginia, USA
I didn't see the last few seconds of the show, a disservice rendered by my DVR. It stopped recording just before the end of the show, and I didn't catch the last scene after she opened the door. I have now caught up on exactly what she said at the very end.

She hasn't been living with Peter, has she? Her situation has been one of conflict all along, what with the affair with Will. I know she can continue the practice of law (a notable example of a governor's wife as lawyer was, of course, Hilary Clinton, who was probably the highest earning lawyer in Arkansas before he ran for President in 1992.)

#6957 - 05/07/13 02:07 PM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Pete]
Lorna Offline

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
Alicia and Peter have been living apart, but now they'll be living even farther apart. She'll be living in Chicago and he'll be in the governor's mansion in Springfield...I assume there is a governor's mansion? Anyway, if Diane does get her judgeship, Will will be left with no one but David Lee to run the firm. The other partners don't do anything except show up for partners' meetings.

#6958 - 05/07/13 07:44 PM Re: Television 2013 [Re: Lorna]
Austin
Unregistered

Illinois has a governor's mansion of sorts. It's a historical building and the ground floor is like a museum open to the public. The governor's family lives in an apartment on the second floor which is not very roomy, I've heard. When Rod Blagojevich was in office, he lived in Chicago and commuted to Springfield in a state-owned plane. But I'm sure Peter won't want to imitate Blagojevich, who is currently residing in a federal prison in Colorado (for trying to sell Obama's vacated Senate seat plus a couple dozen other illegal dealings).

Edited to ask is everyone satisfied with the winners of TAR?

Edited by Austin (05/07/13 08:21 PM)
Edit Reason: TAR

#6959 - 05/08/13 11:15 AM Re: Television 2013 [Re: ]
Rita Offline

I was satisfied with the winners. I grew to dislike Max, the condescending little twerp. I'm sorry the country singers didn't make the final three, but the moms were OK and the hockey players were definitely OK.

Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17 >

Moderator:  Rita