Topic Options
#915 - 08/31/00 11:10 PM New Barbara Paul publication?
Jon Offline

Loc: Newark, Delaware, USA
Gee, I feel quite daring putting in a word before Herself!

My information from a friend (whose usual writing is in the realm of contemporary romances) is that a new Cat Crimes collection is out, and that it contains two Barbara Paul stories (one a collaboration, I believe?) as well as one by my pal Julie Kistler. Perhaps some or many of the stories are reprints, though Julie's isn't (again, to the best of my understanding).

The title is Crafty Cat Crimes and it's published by Barnes & Noble and available apparently only from them (no Amazon listing, for instance).

#916 - 09/01/00 10:49 AM Re: New Barbara Paul publication?
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
Jon, no new stories. Crafty Cat Crimes is a collection of reprints from the original Cat Crimes anthologies. The collaboration is a Gene DeWeese story that I doctored up, and I don't remember what other story of mine is included. The contracts for that book were issued well over a year ago, and I'd pretty much forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.  

#917 - 09/01/00 01:13 PM Re: New Barbara Paul publication?
Kay Offline

Loc: Roanoke, VA , USA
Quote:
The title is Crafty Cat Crimes and it's published by Barnes & Noble and available apparently only from them (no Amazon listing, for instance).

Well, well, well....so now book chains are doing their own publishing and getting exclusive. So I can't go pick this number up and use my Waldenbooks credit?

#918 - 09/01/00 03:15 PM Re: New Barbara Paul publication?
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
B&N was in the publishing biz long before it became a chain. They concentrated on educational materials at first; I still have a few of their old College Outline Series from way back. One, on Shakespeare, was originally published in the 30s and republished every few years after that.

Moderator:  Barbara