Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#983 - 05/06/01 12:30 PM How reluctant is that op?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, Barbara Paul -- Do you plan on writing any more Callie Darrow stories? (I hope.)

#984 - 05/06/01 03:41 PM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
Hello, Chris. Yup, there's one in the pipeline right now. It'll be published later this year in Ellery Queen (I don't know which issue yet). The title is "Golden Retriever" and the story has nothing whatsoever to do with dogs.

#985 - 05/06/01 10:57 PM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good! I subscribe to EQ, so I won't miss it. That's something to look forward to.

And happy May Day, six days late.

#986 - 05/07/01 08:50 AM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Lorna Offline

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
Another Callie story -- that's great! Barbara, I don't subscribe to EQ, so you'll post here when you know what issue it's in?

#987 - 05/07/01 12:05 PM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Kay Offline

Loc: Roanoke, VA , USA
I can't even find EQ .... Maybe they have it at one of the bookstores, I'll have to check.

#988 - 05/07/01 01:48 PM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Julia Offline

Loc: Silicon Valley
Glad to hear there's another one, I thoroughly enjoyed the first. Still no sign of the shared world anthology finding an interested publishe?

#989 - 05/07/01 02:56 PM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Barbara Offline
Administrator

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA , US
Quote:
I don't subscribe to EQ, so you'll post here when you know what issue it's in?
Oh, count on it, Lorna.
Quote:
Still no sign of the shared world anthology finding an interested publishe?
We gave up on that, Julia, a long time ago. Back before GEnie went kaflooey. It's dead, dead, dead.
Quote:
And happy May Day, six days late.
Same to you, Chris. For a long time May Day was a source of mild embarrassment for me. I once was one of a gang of little girls in long dresses and flowers in our hair; we were handed streamers attached to this big white pole in the ground and told to "Duck under, pass over." We screwed up. The middle and bottom part of the pole had that nice plaited look that well-wrapped May poles are supposed to have, but the top was a mess.

That was then. Now, May 1st just means it's time to break out the Advantage.

#990 - 05/08/01 08:52 AM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Rita Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN
I don't subscribe to EQ but I think I will; it's sometimes hard to find specific issues, since they come out so much earlier than their cover dates.

So you're an Advantage user too, Barbara! One of my cats doesn't mind the stuff at all, but the other one acts as if she's being tortured whenever I put those two or three little drops on the back of her neck.

#991 - 05/08/01 11:50 AM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Advantage is expensive stuff. Does it really do what it's supposed to do?

And what shared world anthology?

#992 - 05/08/01 01:36 PM Re: How reluctant is that op?
Mary Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Rita:
So you're an Advantage user too, Barbara! One of my cats doesn't mind the stuff at all, but the other one acts as if she's being tortured whenever I put those two or three little drops on the back of her neck.

I was trying to figure out what Advantage is. We have something called Frontline, you put the liquid on the cat's skin on the back of the neck and it keeps fleas and ticks away.

Same?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barbara