You have the Right to Remain Silent: I was a bit disconcerted by the way the book started off with the Downtown Queens and then went off in a completely different direction, though Large Marge reappears (very entertainingly) later. The Queens' execution of Mrs Alvarez is reflected in the execution of the four Universal Laser employees - maybe that's the point? Maybe it's even a pointer to their killer, though I felt that the revelation of who that is comes as a rather unprepared-for surprise (maybe I hadn't been reading closely enough).

This book (the later ones, too) falls into a more conventional "police procedural" mode than did The Renewable Virgin. I missed the different viewpoints, but I felt much more under the skin of Marian here and later. Also, it was great to meet Holland for the first time after all I've heard and read about him. I've seen a couple of "Blake's 7" episodes, so I had a good idea of what he looked like ...

Although again the killer was revealed fairly early (p170 out of 250), the rest of the book was pretty exciting, so I didn't mind at all. Marian's constant battles with Foley and diFalco were other pluses. A most enjoyable book overall.