Been a while since I read fareplay so I do't remember the contest....Barbara can speak for her self, but just from the standpoint of language...."School girl/boy" with or without the space usually refers to per-college level....turns up frequently in phrases like "schoolgirl/boy crush" (is crush used in UK to mean attraction to?)

College women (PLEASE...not "girls") have been called "coeds" from the term "co-educational". It's more or less condescending.
Botticelli Moderator