That one came and went without my even knowing about it. One consolation, Jon; when it shows up on TV, you can turn on the closed captioning. But the question of noise level reminds me of how much I've come to dislike previews. They're all the same now. Crash! Bang! Boom! Ultraswift cuts and swooping cameras! Noise, noise, NOISE! All the same.

Having got that off my chest, I'd to say that for sheer endless fun, RED is going to be hard to beat. Its humor is the kind I like best, the kind that arises from a situation instead of depending on an unending exchange of one-liners. And it has a fairly respectable plot as well: someone is killing off retired CIA agents. Bruce Willis is one such target but escapes the attempt on his life. In his journey to find out who's behind it and why, he accumulates other retirees to help him -- John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman, Brian Cox, Helen Mirren. Along the way they run into Rebecca Pidgeon, Ernest Borgnine, Karl Urban, Richard Dreyfuss. A lot of star power there, but the smartest casting was to include Mary-Louise Parker as an endangered friend of Willis's character. She not only holds her own in this bunch of old pros, but she even manages to steal a couple of scenes from Willis.

Recommended? Oh yes.

[This message has been edited by Barbara (edited 10-19-2010).]