Did you know there are 22 new shows debuting in the first three months of 2013? Twenty-two. Unfortunately, most of them sound pretty crappy. There are only five I'm going to take a look at:

Banshee (Cinemax, Friday, Jan. 11)
Master thief assumes the identity of the sheriff in Banshee, PA, as a cover for his criminal activities.

Boston's Finest (TNT, Wednesday, Feb. 27)
Another backstage at the police dept. show, but this one sounds good.

Continuum (Syfy, Monday, Jan. 14)
Canadian series set in Vancouver 2077, a group of eight terrorists known as Liber8 (oh, clever, yeah) escape execution by traveling back in time to 2012 along with one LEO who must track them down. At least it shows SyFy is still trying.

The Following (Fox, Monday, Jan. 21)
This is THE one I want to see. I'll just copy TV Guide's description: "This scary, blood-pumping thriller stars Kevin Bacon as retired FBI agent Ryan Hardy, who's called back to the force when Joe Carroll (James Purefoy), a college professor-turned-serial killer Hardy helped put in prison, escapes and begins killing again. The problem-slash-premise of the series? While in jail, Carroll has recruited a legion of followers in the outside world who begin committing copycat crimes to coincide with his escape. Seriously: Don't watch this one alone."

Monday Mornings (TNT, Monday, Feb. 4)
Another medical drama, but one that might be worth watching because of the people involved. A David E. Kelley production, it stars Alfred Molina, Ving Rhames, and Jamie Bamber (Apollo on BSG).