Ha...that's a goodie.

Yep, that was the purpose of Shatner's strange swim garb; it didn't conceal the extra weight he was carrying around the middle but it did cover it up. Remember pictures of men wearing black swimsuits at the seashore early in the century? Like that, except with a designer look and a modified tank top instead of sleeves. But the man is a good swimmer, even with the extra weight; and no, he didn't use a double.

Jon -- yes, that earlier series of Carolyn Hart's is ended. Her books are all cozies; she's won a couple of Agatha awards. Carolyn has one writing mannerism that rubs me the wrong way; she likes strings of one-sentence paragraphs, seven or eight in a row. I guess this is supposed to give added weight to each sentence, but I find it intrusive. Still, she always tells a good story, so it's only a minor annoyance.

I might add that Carolyn Hart is one of the nicest people I've ever met in my lifetime -- no airs, no hidden agenda, no upmanship games. A genuinely decent person. How many people can you say that about?